| Press Release
Maplesoft Announces Maple 9.5
Latest release strengthens leadership among desktop tools for technical
Waterloo, Canada, Thursday, April 15, 2004 – Maplesoft, the leading provider of high-
performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics announced today the
upcoming release of Maple 9.5, the newest release of its principal desktop productivity
environment used by industry, research organizations, and academic institutions world-wide.
Maple 9.5 builds on the primary design themes that embody all core Maplesoft products.
Rock solid numerics and world-leading symbolics seamlessly integrated to offer the most
powerful and extensive solver suite in technical software. New features include:
Effective tools to manage technical knowledge. New features include:
- New integrated algorithms for optimization problems
- New solvers for differential-algebraic equation systems for advanced modeling
- Major performance improvements
Innovative features for education.
New features include:
- Integrated dictionary of engineering and mathematical terms for instant access to
- User interface improvements that make complex operations intuitive and quick
Enhancements to interactive plotting.
- New features for advanced users to streamline programming and application
Dr. Laurent Bernardin, Maplesoft’s Chief Scientist states, "Maple 9.5 strengthens our lead in
many of the principal dimensions of technical computing. Our beta testers have already
confirmed our belief that Maple 9.5 will be the environment of choice."
- New student multivariate calculus package including computational routines, topic-
specific visualization, and innovative Maplet™-based tutors
- Enhancements to the precalculus package.
- Better support of Maplesoft’s MapleNet™, and Maple T.A.™ e-learning solutions.
Projected ship date is the end of April, 2004. Projected commercial list price is $1995 US which
includes one year of full technical support and extended maintenance. Users interested in
upgrading should visit www.maplesoft.com for the latest details.
Maplesoft™ is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Our product suite reflects our philosophy - given great tools, people can do great things. Maplesoft has transformed the way engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use math, enabling them to work better, faster, and smarter.
Organizations across the world have applied Maple in nearly every technical field, including Engineering Design, Operations Research, Scientific Research, and Financial Analysis. Maplesoft's commercial customer base includes Allied Signal, BMW, Boeing, Daimler Chrysler, DreamWorks, Ford, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, and Tyco.
Maplesoft offers powerful and easy-to-use tools that save time and reduce errors.
• Maple™ is a powerful tool for solving complex mathematical problems and creating rich technical documents
• Maple Toolbox for MATLAB® combines the best in symbolic and numeric computation to develop mathematical solutions
• BlockBuilder™ for Simulink® is a First Principles physical modeling environment that offers automated export to Simulink
• MapleNet™ allows users to publish live Maple documents on the Web
• The Professional Toolbox Series provides domain-specific tools that focus the core Maplesoft products on discipline-specific applications
We believe that if you touch math, you need Maple. Visit www.maplesoft.com to learn more.