| Press Release
Maple 9 now available
More open infrastructure, more versatile user interface and focus on math
education highlight most recent release by Maplesoft
WATERLOO, CANADA, June 30, 2003 – Maplesoft™, the leading source of mathematical
software for educators, esearchers and professionals, announces that Maple™ 9, the newest
version of the widely adopted Maple analytical computation software is now available.
“Like our users, we too are excited about the release of Maple 9,” states Fred Patterson, Vice
President of Sales at Maplesoft. “The overall user experience has been greatly enhanced by
Maple 9’s improved graphical user interface. The new Calculus and Algebra student packages
augment the product, making Maple 9 even more compelling to educators. We continue to bui
Maple’s appeal to our commercial clients by equipping them with powerful new numerical
algorithms and with new Matlab and Visual Basic code generation.”
Maple 9 was announced on May 15 and has since received widespread interest from the
mathematics community. Among the highlights:
• Code generation capabilities to MATLAB® and Visual Basic®
• OpenMaple™: An API into Maple enabling external programs to harness the
power of the Maple engine
• New “Help” system interface
• Integrated OpenViz™ graphics
• User interface enhancements
• New Student Calculus and Linear-Algebra packages
• Continued innovation in mathematical computation
For more information about these and other new features, visit www.maplesoft.com. A specia
limited time upgrade offer is currently available. Users should visit www.maplesoft.com and
contact their Maplesoft account representative or authorized international reseller for upgrade
policies, academic discounts and multi-user discounts.
Maplesoft™ is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Our product suite reflects our philosophy - given great tools, people can do great things. Maplesoft has transformed the way engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use math, enabling them to work better, faster, and smarter.
Organizations across the world have applied Maple in nearly every technical field, including Engineering Design, Operations Research, Scientific Research, and Financial Analysis. Maplesoft's commercial customer base includes Allied Signal, BMW, Boeing, Daimler Chrysler, DreamWorks, Ford, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, and Tyco.
Maplesoft offers powerful and easy-to-use tools that save time and reduce errors.
• Maple™ is a powerful tool for solving complex mathematical problems and creating rich technical documents
• Maple Toolbox for MATLAB® combines the best in symbolic and numeric computation to develop mathematical solutions
• BlockBuilder™ for Simulink® is a First Principles physical modeling environment that offers automated export to Simulink
• MapleNet™ allows users to publish live Maple documents on the Web
• The Professional Toolbox Series provides domain-specific tools that focus the core Maplesoft products on discipline-specific applications
We believe that if you touch math, you need Maple. Visit www.maplesoft.com to learn more.