MapleSim 4.5 is an update to MapleSim 4. It is available to all MapleSim 4 users as a free upgrade.
MapleSim 4.5 provides:
- Enhanced Modelica support
- Increased speed and modeling capabilities for continuous systems with discrete events
- An expanded collection of tools for creating and managing models
See What’s New in MapleSim 4.5 for details.
Who is entitled to MapleSim 4.5?
MapleSim 4.5 is available to all MapleSim 4 users. If your Help>About MapleSim dialog box reads “MapleSim 4,” you should install this update to obtain the latest version.
Do these updates apply to MapleSim 4.5 Japanese Edition?
The MapleSim 4.5 Japanese Edition update is also available. The instructions on this page apply to both versions.
I have MapleSim 4. How do I get MapleSim 4.5?
There are two ways to obtain MapleSim 4.5:
- From the Help menu in MapleSim, select Check for Updates, and follow the instructions to download and run the update installer.
- If that option is dimmed, or if you choose not to use it, you can manually download the update installer from the Product Update Center. You will need your MapleSim purchase code to access the update installer and to install and activate MapleSim 4.5. See Finding Your Purchase Code below for instructions.
As part of the installation process, the MapleSim update installer will update your Maple installation to Maple 14.01, which is required by MapleSim 4.5. The installer will also update your MapleSim toolboxes, if any, to work with MapleSim 4.5.
I have an earlier version of MapleSim. How do I get MapleSim 4.5?
Users of earlier versions of MapleSim should visit the Upgrade Center in the Maplesoft Web Store or contact Maplesoft Sales.
Finding Your Purchase Code
If you download the update from the Product Update Center, you will need your MapleSim 4 purchase code. (You do not need your purchase code if you use the Check for Updates option.) You can find your purchase code in one of the following ways:
- Your purchase code was emailed to you when you first purchased this product.
- Your purchase code was also recorded when you installed MapleSim 4. It can be found in the <MapleSim>/license/readme.txt file, where <MapleSim> is the folder where MapleSim 4 is installed. For example, in Windows, this file can be found in C:\Program Files\Maple 14\toolbox\MapleSim\license. Open the readme.txt file and look for the line that starts with
If you use the Check for Updates option, any MapleSim toolboxes you have will be updated automatically to work with MapleSim 4.5. No additional action is required.
If you download the installer from the Product Update Center, and if your original MapleSim purchase code activated MapleSim 4 together with any toolboxes you purchased, then your toolboxes will also be updated automatically when you run the update installer. No additional action is required.
If you do not use the Check for Updates option, and you have more than one purchase code (for example, a purchase code for MapleSim 4 and another for the MapleSim Control Design Toolbox), then you will need to obtain separate installers for MapleSim and each of your MapleSim toolboxes from the Product Update Center. Enter each purchase code into the update system to obtain the corresponding product installer, and then activate that product using the same purchase code.
Your toolbox purchase code(s) were emailed to you and also recorded during the installation process. Toolbox purchase codes are recorded in <toolbox>/license/readme.txt, where <toolbox> is the installation folder for the toolbox. For example, in Windows, the MapleSim Control Design Toolbox purchase code can be found in C:\Program Files\Maple 14\toolbox\ControlDesign\license\readme.txt.
- During the update process, you will have the option to replace MapleSim 4 with MapleSim 4.5, or to install MapleSim 4.5 separately on the same computer.
- MapleSim 4.5 will use your MapleSim 4 license. If you have a term license, both products will expire at the same time.