Modelica® is an open standard for describing physical models and components. Because components have been developed over many years and validated by industry, engineers can have confidence that their models will provide an accurate representation of the system.
The combination of Modelica, an open, object-oriented, system-level modeling language, with the symbolic computation power of MapleSim enables a level of understanding, power, and extensibility that is not possible with “black-box” tools. Models and components are open and can be modified, making them easy to reuse, customize, and extend.
Maplesoft is committed to supporting the Modelica open standard and wishes to encourage the development and use of common component libraries. Maplesoft is proud to be playing a part in fostering a community of like-minded engineers willing to share their skills and knowledge. By adhering to this open standard, we believe that we are contributing to a technical skills framework and common pool of knowledge that can assist engineering organizations to efficiently develop innovative processes and products that will ultimately benefit everyone.
Maplesoft experts are available to help you with all your modeling needs. With Modelica at the core of most of our development projects, we specialize in the modeling, simulation, and optimization of complex multidomain systems such as ground transportation, automotive transmissions, space systems, marine plant, batteries, electric powertrain, and much more.
MapleSim is a high-performance physical modeling and simulation software tool which will dramatically reduce your model development and analysis time while producing fast, high-fidelity simulations. As a "white-box" Modelica platform, MapleSim gives you complete flexibility and openness for complex multidomain models. Create, analyze, and run system-level models in a fraction of the time it takes with other tools.
- The combination of Modelica, an open, object-oriented, system-level modeling language, with the symbolic computation power of MapleSim enables a level of understanding, power, and extensibility that is not possible with “black-box” tools.
- The flexible multidomain framework means it is easy to seamlessly incorporate components from different domains into your MapleSim system-level models.
- Models and components are open and modifiable, making them easy to reuse, customize, and extend to suit your exact needs.
- Custom components, defined in MapleSim by their equations, can be automatically converted to Modelica code.
- MapleSim lets you take advantage of the growing collection of Modelica-based components available to the community, which are often highly specialized and contain the distilled technical knowledge of subject matter experts.
- Many components in MapleSim are from the Modelica standard library, which means they have been developed over many years and validated by industry.
- Import of Modelica libraries and models based on the Modelica 3.2.1 standard library
- All MapleSim models, including multibody models, can be saved directly as Modelica files, and the model topology and presentation information is preserved as well as the equations. This way, the model diagram itself can be displayed in other Modelica-based tools.
- Access to underlying Modelica code for any component or subsystem. Engineers can use this view to understand the reason for a model’s behavior by examining the code in addition to the model diagram. The Modelica code can also be used as a basis for creating modified versions of the components.
- Free Whitepaper: Modelica: The New Standard for Modeling Engineering Systems
- Learn more about the Modelica features included in MapleSim
- Partnerships: Integrate our OEM Modelica Engine into your software