Maple allows you to perform precision computations with quantities involving tolerances. Tolerances are entered and displayed using standard notation, for example, 1.45 ± 0.05.
- Tolerances are recognized by all standard arithmetic operators, for example,
Tolerances support many built-in functions, including square roots, exponentials, trigonometric and special functions.
- Easily enter the ± sign using palettes or your keyboard.
- Combine tolerances with units in the same computation.
- Tolerances maintain the same level of precision as standard numeric values.
- Extract nominal and tolerance values from a term for further computations.