Maple T.A. 3.0 is the only system designed specifically for courses using mathematics
Waterloo, Canada, January 8, 2007: Maplesoft™, the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science and mathematics, today announced significant enhancements to Maple T.A.™, its Web-based testing and assessment system. The new version, Maple T.A. 3.0, features increased flexibility in content creation, an enhanced user interface, and improved grading and assessment capabilities. The product supports complex, free-form entry of mathematical equations and intelligent evaluation of responses, making it the only system designed for mathematics, science, or any course requiring mathematics.
“Maplesoft’s decades of experience in the academic market, expertise in creating dynamic technology solutions, and our collaboration with leading institutions in math education have resulted in a product that instructors can place their full trust in,” said Jim Cooper, Maplesoft CEO. “The latest release of Maple T.A. is a more intelligent and integrated product, and is the system of choice for creating content, testing, and assessment in the math education world.”
Built on the power of Maple™, Maplesoft’s software product for solving complex mathematical problems, Maple T.A. 3.0 provides new benefits that make the product more adaptable and easier to use.
Increased flexibility to easily create or modify content
• New text editor integrated into all question types provides the flexibility to easily add formatted math, images, and font styles
• Enhanced Question Designer provides an efficient question composition environment that supports all algorithm types and entry of hints, feedback, algorithms, and solutions, from within the question creation screen
• Expanded multiple choice questions allow response-specific feedback and the ability to stabilize some choices, while others permute
• Improvements to layout, navigation, and menus make the system more intuitive and easier to use
Enriched user management and authentication
• Authentication via LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) allows integration of Maple T.A. with a campus database
• Single sign-on for all classes provides a convenient starting point for students and instructors
• Better defined roles and privileges provide greater access control than before
New Gradebook and improved Assignment Editor with better control over assignment policies
• Completely redesigned Gradebook offers analysis, report generation, and export tools
• Provides multiple windows on student data and enables force-grading of open assignments
• Ability to edit assignment policies when there are active assignments
• Flexibility to set timelines for grading and feedback
Launched in 2002, Maple T.A. has been widely adopted by colleges and universities worldwide. Indian River Community College in Florida developed an Online Tutorial Program based on Maple T.A. The program won the League Connection’s 2006 Innovation of the Year Award for outstanding innovation and is among the top 10 finalists for the Bellwether Award by the 2007 Community College Futures Assembly (result to be announced later this month). “The infusion of technology using Maple T.A has improved the success rate in college algebra and increased the number of students attempting more advanced math courses”, said Professor Asoka Peiris, Math Department Chair.
Pricing and Availability
Maple T.A. 3.0 will be available for single classes, departments and entire institutions. Institutions can either host the system on their servers or choose a Maplesoft hosted option.
Maplesoft offers free evaluation classes to interested instructors. For more information on Maple T.A., contact Maplesoft Sales at 1-800-267-6583, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.maplesoft.com. Outside of the United States and Canada, contact a Maplesoft reseller partner.
Maplesoft™ is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Our product suite reflects our philosophy - given great tools, people can do great things. Maplesoft has transformed the way engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use math, enabling them to work better, faster, and smarter.
Organizations across the world have applied Maple in nearly every technical field, including Engineering Design, Operations Research, Scientific Research, and Financial Analysis. Maplesoft's commercial customer base includes Allied Signal, BMW, Boeing, Daimler Chrysler, DreamWorks, Ford, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, and Tyco.
Maplesoft offers powerful and easy-to-use tools that save time and reduce errors.
• Maple™ is a powerful tool for solving complex mathematical problems and creating rich technical documents
• Maple Toolbox for MATLAB® combines the best in symbolic and numeric computation to develop mathematical solutions
• BlockBuilder™ for Simulink® is a First Principles physical modeling environment that offers automated export to Simulink
• MapleNet™ allows users to publish live Maple documents on the Web
• The Professional Toolbox Series provides domain-specific tools that focus the core Maplesoft products on discipline-specific applications
We believe that if you touch math, you need Maple. Visit www.maplesoft.com to learn more.