MapleSim and the MapleSim Control Design Toolbox provide tools for a wide range of control design tasks, from basic PID controller design to advanced state feedback control and state estimation techniques. Using MapleSim for control design offers many advantages, including:
- Greater flexibility and accuracy in your controllers. The symbolic approach for designing, analyzing, and testing control systems produces superior results.
- Increased reusability of your controller designs. You can document your design decisions using the extensive technical documentation tools available with MapleSim.
- An accelerated design process. Developing your plants and controllers together in the same environment reduces the need for inefficient tool-swapping.
In MapleSim, you have access to standard controllers:
- PI and PID controllers
- P, PI, PD, or PID controllers with limited output, anti-windup compensation, and setpoint weighting
The MapleSim Control Design Toolbox greatly expands on these standard controllers with tools for model linearization, PID tuning, state space control strategies, and custom compensator design. In addition, the MapleSim Control Design Toolbox provides an environment where you can:
- Characterize all possible solutions to a given control problem and then pick the best solution based on the particular situation.
- Build and investigate controllers where the model includes symbolic, unspecified parameters. The same controller design can then be applied to multiple related models without further tuning.
- Create controllers where the design specifications are parametric, so the same controller can be used successfully under a variety of conditions.